Friday, December 6, 2019

A forest of trees

I’ve been knitting these little fir trees the last few months. I knit a couple rounds between arranging the quilt blocks.  They are fiddley to get started on DPNs  (casting on DPNs is the most clumsy thing in the world and on skinny short needles it’s even worse) but then my hands get a feel for it and in no time my tree is done. Some have cables, some right and left cables making antlers or wishbones, some have extra cables because I wanted a taller tree then I got brave and tried  a mock cable which is the tallest in the top pic, it was so floppy I inserted a paper cone to hold it up, its not a stocking cap.  I even knit one with no cables.  Top row of trees are knit with a silky bamboo yarn that had long stretches of white.  The trees in the middle pic are made with leftover sock yarn. These little cuties (link to pattern) fit on a wine cork.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

They are so cute, Ann! What fun!