Tuesday, December 10, 2019

bigger trees


 A few years ago I knit some bigger trees to fill the space above my kitchen cabinets. They were shapeless floppy cones that looked like really bad stocking caps.  I found this pattern for tall skinny trees with knit rows and purl rows.  I picked the yarn end and ripped and knit as I ripped some more.

  The grey tree is knit on size 6 needles with a double strand of sock yarn, I pulled the yarn out and matched to color sections to  mostly grey or green and blue.  The last 2 pattern repeats the colors started pooling.  Wish the whole tree was like that with swirls of green and grey.   I will knit some smaller trees with a single strand of that yarn and see what happens.  The solid blue green yarn is a worsted weight but a single ply and works best with simple stitches.  There will soon be 2 more trees of this yarn and pattern (for knit / purl trees).  The house is looking like Christmas.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

The trees are so cute! I especially like the blue ones. :)