Friday, January 22, 2021

Divide and conquer








Decisions decisions for how to arrange these blocks.  I always sew the sashing and cornerstone to 2 sides of the block so I can rearrange the blocks before I add the sashing to the left and top.  I wish I could have put these pics side by side so you can see the differences more easily. The origional plan was for 20 blocks which would have been a rather large throw quilt these blocks are 14 inches square.  I made 4 more blocks  so I could have 2 quilts that will be 48 or so by 60 some.  Better size for snuggling up on the couch and there are twins in the family now, I would hate to have them fighting over a quilt.  The top and bottom pics are the positive and negative mixed together color splat, black splat, color splat.  The center 2 pics are the positive all in one and the negative blocks in the other.  Tough decision which way to go??  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

I had to read your description to figure out the differences in the photos. My eye just went right over the negative and positives. You can't go wrong with any way you put these blocks together. They are going to be such fun quilts!

Judy S. said...

Very pretty, but those blocks look really difficult! Love the colors, all of them.