Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Hiking in Glacier



I remember going to the Black Hills in South Dakota for the first time, I was probably 5 back in the days when kids could sit on the edge of the seat gripping the back of the front seat and seeing the mountains on the horizon  the anticipation that each mile they were getting bigger and bigger, I had never seen anything that big except the sky.  Driving across Montana and into the mountains you didn't know you were in the mountains until they were there.  The haze from the fires hindered visibility  but one of the days the jet stream shifted taking the smoke further north and the view of the mountains was glorious.




I did not enhance the color of those pictures.  The wind blows the smoke away the sky is blue.  There are lots of little waterfalls from the sadly melting glaciers and snow.  When the park was established there were 135 glaciers now there are 26.



A marmet along the trail it was eating wild raspberries until I interrupted with my camera clicking.

I was so glad I wore my hiking boots on my daily walks for a few weeks before we left.  --Ann--

No comments: