Monday, July 12, 2021

Short socks

 

Those citrusy colors seem to be my favorite colors this summer both for knitting and quilting.  The yarn is called tutti frutti by Schachenmayer Regia it is cotton, polyamid and polyester and it is squishy like wool. Often times cotton yarn is like string because it has no stretch but this yarn has stretch and memory, it’s squishy! I ran out of the light orange yarn so has to finish the heel with the darker orange, then I knit the green and had some yarn left so knit a third pair with the leftovers they are my favorite.  I knit an icord loop on the heel so they don’t slide into my shoes.  I wanted an anklet sock to wear with my hiking boots because it is just too hot this summer to wear taller socks and I knit the slip stitch heel taller in the back of the ankle for more cush. The back of the boot hits the bottom of my ankle so I need more cush there and it’s no fun to have blistered feet and ankles when hiking.  I have been walking around our neighborhood the last couple weeks in my big hiking boots getting my feet ready for an adventure with my daughter in the near future.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

These are simply lovely!

Judy S. said...

I love short socks especially on hot weather! What pattern were you using?