Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Quilt basting/ pinning




It took me all week to baste/ pin four quilts I must be getting old or maybe lazy or easily distracted. The first quilt went on the frame without a hitch I just had to be very conservative with the backing and batting because if I was careful I could get two quilts across, it worked numerical. The second quilt was tight, I had to stretch the batting about an inch and a half. Then I pinned it and it was time to make supper. The next day I unpinned it because it wasn’t square to the world. Line things up better and do it right. So much better, I was on a roll sew the backing for the third. No problems. Fourth quilt should I add a border??? Audition some fabrics, consider the possibilities and more important the yardage, time to make supper again.  Day three bible study, lunch with a girlfriend, dentist appointment just a cleaning and the day was shot it was also very nice outside so I sat on the deck can’t forget to enjoy the moment. Miserably hot and humid again good day to sew add the borders,  could have fussy cut this subtle stripe but I think I will use it for binding. Sew the backing and get it pinned to the frame, spread out the batting ugh it needs to be pieced.......that really didn’t take that long to zig zag a chunk. Spread it out again then the quilt top......you guessed it time to make supper.......next day finally pinned and off the frame and frame and chairs all put away. I’m ready for some power sewing.  ~~Ann~~

No comments: