Monday, October 1, 2012

Design Wall Monday


The palate for this quilt was inspired by the Sphinx moth or as I saw it referred to as an exoskeleton hummingbird. After the fabrics were selected from my stash and all the pinks were leftover from this spool quilt; the obvious pattern choice was Hummingbird by Darlene Zimmerman using her 30 degree triangle ruler. I arranged the blocks in a different way. Her arrangement just called for sashing and cornerstones, I didn't have enough brown for sashing and none of my other browns were the right brown so this is how my quilt will be. The colors make me think of a chocolate raspberry torte or truffle.........something rich and decadent to have for my birthday today. I am the same age as the year I was born minus one thousand nine hundred.  Take a peek at Judy's Patchworktimes to see what else is on the design wall.  --Ann--

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

Those definitely look yummy, like a raspberry bon bon or trifle, mmmmmm. Happy Happy Birthday to you!

Sue Daurio said...

What a great pattern, looks incredible!! And Happy Birthday :)

Julianne said...

happy birthday...love the colors.

Barb in Mi said...

Happy b'day - and it does look yummy!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Happy Birthday! The thought of chocolate raspberry truffle is making my mouth water. Yum. Your quilt is yummy too.