Thursday, August 22, 2013

Monstrous Morning Glories


 I didn't plant morning glories last spring. It was so late when I planted peas and beans that I saw a few heart shaped leaves volunteering so I let them be. Big mistake.
 I set my supports out for them, they knew exactly what to do, they crawled right up and all around.
But they are taking over everything, fortunately the beans are done, they are blanketing my potatoes, tomatoes and strawberries even the weeds are being strangles by their tendrils. Only the dark purple came back no pale blue blossoms. Next year any heart shaped leaves are going to be slashed.--Ann--

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

They are glorious, albeit invasive, but, what lovely photos! I have some very pesky violets that show up everywhere (that I don't want them to be)! Arrggh.

Teresa in Music City said...

What a glorious picture!!! That color and the light shining through - beautiful!!!

Every Stitch said...

They are a bit of a garden thug but the flowers are glorious - what a colour!
Hilda