Friday, February 21, 2014

Happy Feet on and off the needles

 Happy Feet! socks and slippers are done! The slippers went through the washer and dryer twice and the washer 2 more times then air dried and they fit perfect now. With two layers of felted soles they are so soft and squishy and warm.
I started a new pair of footies from leftover yarn.  Stitch patterns for both these socks are in Wendy D. Johnson's book Socks from the Toe Up the footies are the Butterfly pattern I did 2 repeats of the chart before I read all of the instructions so my "butterflies" are going to be in vertical rows instead of alternating across. They are footies I am using up yarn and learning a new stitch pattern, just yarn overs and knit 2 together and slip slip knit. The other socks are the Lacy Rib pattern.
I found a wonderful variegated yarn for Suzie Roger's Reading Mitts I think I should pull off enough yarn for the thumb to be all pink . If I finish the mitt then go back to the thumb with the yarn as it comes out of the ball, I think it will be changing to dark, dark red then black. Happy knitting sometimes I just have to put the kneedles down and give my full attention to the Olympics. Check out On the Needles at Judy's  --Ann--

3 comments:

Ramona said...

All of your projects look great! Love the yarn you are using for the Mitts. Those are so much fun to make.

Dar said...

All your socks are just beautiful. I am impressed with the beautiful patterns you are trying. The fall colored ones are very fancy looking. Do you prefer toe up to top down? I see you are using circular needles instead of DPNs. What are your preferences.

Judy S. said...

Great projects! Now I have to go see whether I have that book.