Wednesday, February 19, 2014

out of the cupboard




 Changing the quilts on the walls always improves the spirits in the winter. Out with the snowmen and up with the spring baskets.  These blue and yellow baskets are like a sunny day. I made this quilt in 1999 with 6 inch squares of Merryvale fabrics click explanation of Merryvale. Each basket used one 6 inch square of fabric, I cut 2- 2 inch squares and 6 triangles using the easy angle. From the background fabric I cut 3 - 2 inch squares and 2 - 2 x 3 1/2 rectangles and 2 - 2 inch wide triangles using the companion angle and one 3 1/2 inch triangle. The piano key border is cut from 6 x 18 inch strips of Merryvale fabrics. I free motion quilted it on my Bernina. --Ann--

1 comment:

Lori said...

Does changing quilts make spring come faster?? I am so ready for Spring!