Friday, February 14, 2014

On the Needles


The slipper clogs for son are knit and felted he said "they are perfect, Thanks Mom" His birthday was Sunday,  had we realized 28 years ago that he was born on the anniversary of the Beatles first appearance on American television we would have named him.....Ringo! He lucked out there.
Before they were felted with the over felted now child size slippers just for scale. Felt slowly in the washer on medium temp then into the dryer and repeat until they fit.
 
The colors in this yarn is pooling now. Much more interesting. I like the flashes of color. The yarn is German Schoppel Wolle it is 2 strands of yarn wound on a spool and dyed on the spool so my color changes are getting shorter as the spool gets smaller.
 This hand painted yarn has even color changes which have not stacked up into interesting color patterns just texture that is until I did the gusset increase.  The orange and brown made a little grouping of color and the pink and yellow made a sideways V. Turning the heel I got a nice repeat of stripes. I like stripes. Did anyone notice the person knitting the first night of competition? Just before one of the last snowboarders went down the hill you could see a person with calm nerves standing knitting a white scarf? It looked like the yarn was coming out of an opening in his jacket.
I'm finally feeling better after 5 days of the flu, I have just hurt all over with chills and a runny nose. I would get up because it hurt to lay in bed then sit in my chair and nap and knit a little then nap some more then knit. Next year I'm getting a flu shot. Check out the knitting at Judy's On the Needles. --Ann--

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Both pair of socks are beautiful. Is there a pattern for the brown/peach pair. The work on the top is so pretty! And you clogs look like so much fun... and warm! Glad you are feeling better.

Judy S. said...

I, too, would love to have the stitch pattern on the second pair of socks! Both are nice, but I especially like the second pair. Love your header also, BTW.

Mary said...

Happy you are feeling better. Your socks are wonderful, really love the stitch pattern on the second pair.

straythreads said...

The stitch pattern for the yellow, pink, green, brown, peach colored socks is a 4 stitch and 4 row repeat. Row 1) p1,k2tog, yo, p1. row 2&4) p1,k2,p1. row 3) p1, yo, ssk, p1.
Ann

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm so glad you feel better Ann! I have been under the weather a good bit lately, so I know how that affects everything in your life :( The felted booties are so darn cute! I may have to try something like that soon :) And I have to say - I LOVE that red yarn that is pooling so very nicely - that is going to be a gorgeous pair of socks :) Love the texture in the second pair too!