Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Out of the Cupboard

Twenty-three years ago today I finished the binding on this quilt. I remember because Darling Daughter was born the very next day. She couldn't have timed it better.
I pieced the rail fence in the center because it made me think of the neat little gardens in the Beatrix Potter books. Followed by a row of carrots from the scraps of 1/8 yard cuts.  I hand quilted the figures from the Peter Rabbit and the Benjamin Bunny stories. Then I still had scraps left over so I built a garden wall around my garden with a gate for Peter and Benjamin.  A couple months after she was born I stitched her name, birth date and weight in the space below the flower. It is all hand quilted a lot of it in the ditch. Happy memories.--Ann--
 





1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Fun memories! And it's held up really well, too.