Thursday, June 9, 2016

reading list

My lilies of the valley are blooming I wish I could put a scratch and sniff sticker on this post for you.

My latest list of books:
  1. The Moonlit Garden by Corina Bomann
  2. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman  very funny
  3. The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker  for book club  a love story
  4. The Midwife's Revolt by Jody Daynard  revolutionary war era
  5. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikrey by Gabrielle Zevin
  6. the life-changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo
  7. Welcome to the World Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg always fun to read one of her books
  8. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhig for book club
  9. Starting Now By Debbie Macomber 
  10. Blossom Street Brides by Debbie Macomber 
  11. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah  very good  German occupation of France during WW II
  12. Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy  college age friends in Dublin in the late 1950's
  13. Angel by Colleen McCullough not nearly as good as The Thornbirds or The Touch
  14. Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg
  15. Voyager (Outlander, Book 3) by Diana Gabaldon  
I think its time to start a new list.  --Ann--

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Have you read the Marie Bostwick quilting series? If you like Debbie MacCumber, you would probably like her books. Here is a link to the first book: http://www.amazon.com/Single-Thread-Cobbled-Court-Quilts/dp/0758222572?ie=UTF8&keywords=marie%20bostwick&qid=1465494361&ref_=sr_1_5&s=books&sr=1-5

I'll have to look up some of your books... I haven't heard of a few. It is too bad you can't do a scratch and sniff!!

Judy S. said...

I loved A Man Called Ove and The Nightingale, too. Are you knitting anything these days?

Vic in NH said...

Your wonderful picture reminds me to go visit my lillies of the valley, because mine aren't very close to the house. Thank you!