Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Makes me think of wheat






What a difference natural light makes on this.  It had a yellow cast in the artificial light in my sewing room.  And the little bugs immediately found it when I laid it on the grass. The gold and taupe prints  add a lot of texture to the otherwise very dull neutral fabrics.  It makes me think of wheat fields not fields of corn and beans.  And now my pile of quilts is ta da done!  I have to start packing my sewing room and sorting and tossing.  I'd rather sew  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Ann, this quilt is just beautiful. It's amazing how much movement is in it with the fabrics and your quilting. Gorgeous! Are you moving or just organizing?

Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt! All the subtle neutrals really make a bold statement. Now you have me looking through my fabric bins at my beiges and tans. ;o) Good luck with the packing, I'd rather sew too.