Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A good start

 I machine quilted about half of this quilt Red Black and Plaid yesterday, 3 bobbins worth of thread.  I'm just stitching an arc from corner to corner I think it is called the orange peel design.  The backing fabric is a rich burgundy color not orange the way it showed up in the photo.  Can you see I have worn the rubber coating off these garden gloves from free motion quilting?  They make it so much easier on the arms and shoulders I can quilt for hours or at least 3 bobbins of thread.
--Ann--



2 comments:

Ramona said...

I looked at my bin of shirt pieces the other day, thinking I would pull it out and cut some squares, but I really need to get some other things done first. Your quilts keep inspiring me to work with them, though! Gloves do save the shoulders and back, for sure!

Judy S. said...

Isn't it amazing how much thread quilting takes? Love this quilt! You inspire me to finish mine that are waiting for bindings.