Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Pondering and the back side of August

I slept late the other morning, there were four digits on the clock -- that late. I took my coffee to the deck to soak up some vitamin D, I think the deck faces southwest so it is late morning when the sun was hitting it, our house is not square to the world so it makes me more directionally challenged than usual. It was a beautiful morning too bad I missed most of it, bright blue sky, no wind, no bugs  and comfortable temp, the birds were chirping, a goldfinch was sitting at the very top of the maple tree. Too far away for a photo then it flew and a red finch took its place and then another joined it.  The tips of the maple are starting to turn color.  Too soon for me. Does that mean we are going to have an early fall and earlier winter?  I hope it just means we are going to have a more colorful fall.  Wet summers do that to our trees here.  Savoring the rest of the summer  --Ann--

No comments: