Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Design Wall

 I would have a hard time arranging a quilt without a design wall.  A couple decades ago I used to lay the blocks on the floor and that worked but I could only be as far away from the quilt to my eyes while standing beside it, the perspective was different.  To look at the quilt square on from across the room does make choosing fabrics easier and it is more obvious when like fabrics are close together or far apart.
Setting triangle choices and border fabrics, top right fabric looks washed out by comparison.  Either of the other two fabrics will work, I have more of the dark chocolate with poppies and it is about equal in value to the darked fabrics in the blocks.  Maybe I'll finish the top today.  The temps have dropped and the winter coats have moved to front and center of the closet so I don't whine as long when its wiser to choose a warmer coat then a light jacket.  Walking has moved from after supper to mid afternoon to catch the warmth of the sun.  Preparing to hunker down for winter.  --Ann--


1 comment:

Ramona said...

This is going to be another gorgeous quilt! I just love the fabrics you are using for the setting triangles.