Tuesday, February 4, 2020

brighter day


 I started  something bright and sunny because too many days have been overcast and gloomy except for those few hours over the weekend when we were at son's house and the sun came out.  What a glorious sight to see clear blue sky and feel the sun on my face and on my back for those few hours.   I have made this pattern a few times in the past for baby quilts as this one will be.  So many moms have told me how intently her baby looks at the quilt.  Bright colors and strong contrast are good for babies brain.  Too bad so many of the newer fabrics are so monochromatic.  The multicolored stripes and plaid is from my stash and probably 20 years old.  Get off my soap box and back to my sewing room. --Ann--

3 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Love the colors! Every time you've made this quilt pattern I've thought I really need to make one also. Can't wait to see it finished.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love, love, love these blocks! Just the day brightener for a rainy day here. Bravo!!

Ramona said...

This is one of my favorite quilt blocks that you make. The bright fabrics really do make one smile. Enjoy!