Monday, February 17, 2020

Erin colors

The above are all fabrics my daughter picked out when she was a little girl 3 - 8 years old.  I always let her choose 2 or 3 fat quarters, it made shopping for me so much more pleasant, less whining in the fabric store if she got to supplement her own little stash.  I've used most of those fabrics and wish now I would have let her pick out 10 each shopping trip because the bright fabrics of today are nothing like those from 20 some years ago.  Purchases in the last couple years below.
They are so monotone!!!!! Not just with color but with design.  I love polka dots in all sizes and forms but I also need some stripes and plaids and ditsies.  Above are all half yard purchases with the exception of the chartreuse in the middle which was the end of the bolt and three yards. I would have liked either the navy or purple dots for the borders of the last quilt but didn't have enough.  In the future the brights will be at least a yard if not 4.  Bemoaning how the textile industry has changed.
 --Ann--
stayed tuned for some of the bright quilts


2 comments:

Ramona said...

Erin had an eye for bright fabrics! I would love to play with those, too. You are right...so much is so monotone these days. Maybe we need to start designing fabrics?? :D

FabricDiva54 said...

I loved those brights from the early to mid aughts. Remember how every fabric store had a special “brutes” section? Your quilt is stunning, and a great use of those special fabrics.