Thursday, August 20, 2020

more baby socks

 

My knitting of infant and baby socks has been trial and error because I haven't found a good toe up pattern. The white pair I knit just like adult socks only with fewer stitches and three increase rows in the toes.  The orange, green and lavander I knit with increases every row in the gusset rather than every other row, the proportion is more like those intelligent wool 0-6 month socks. And the bottom pair out of habit I knit every other row increases for the toe and gusset.  Surprising how the stripes matched up in the last two pairs but I already did the purl rows.  One sock from each pair of toe up socks is an almost perfect match. No baby will cry over mismatched socks.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

They are so cute! Plus, they go together very quickly, I'm sure.