Monday, August 17, 2020

seeing double


I had a very productive weekend I would get one part done and then do it all again only a little differently. I really had to dig in the stash for a backing fabric then I only had two yards of it.  Cut it in half and add some other fabrics like the longer yardages of some of the batiks on the quilt fronts.  The sashing strips are 3 inches wide.  I just cut the polka dots random widths and sewed the first set of sashing then turned it and cut again but turned the strips around. I didn't want to mess with lining up the sashing.  If the sashing is a little bit off it really bugs me so make it obviously off and then it looks artsy.  I can see the grands playing with little trucks or animals on the roads and pens and maybe asking Gramma why the roads aren't straight and me saying I didn't feel like doing math that day.  Its on to basting day.  --Ann--

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

i love those kaleidoscope quilts....

Judy S. said...

Nice work! They are beautiful.

Ramona said...

These are such great quilts for your grands. Yes... playing with trucks and cars on the back will be fun.