Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Indigo tessellating star


 
I had a lovely weekend and hope you did too.  Darling daughter came home, she wanted to go to our local kitchen shop, they didn't have what she was looking for but I found a couple little things.  Shop Local!! what fun to get out and do something.  We got burgers at the local burger joint, they were delicious. Then we came home and watched Hamilton.  There are so many words in that musical you have to watch or listen to it a few dozen times.
Another ta da da done. I quilted the white pinwheels with white thread and the indigo pinwheels with navy thread because I wanted to show off the piecing and the indigo fabrics.   The center fabrics are schweschwe prints from South Africa and the border is a Dutch wax print from the Netherlands.  I kept the border  simple because the quilting would be lost in the prints of the border. 
Appreciating the little things--Ann--

No comments: