Monday, September 14, 2020

knitting heels




Back to summer here!! Short pants and short socks!!  I like these footies so much I knit more.  The designer is brilliant and takes most of the counting out of the slip stitch heel by simply adding a marker at the center of the heel when you begin the short rows.  Knit 8 past the marker, kfb, k1, w&t.  I simplified even more so the purl row rather than p 19, I purled 8 past the marker, pfb, p1, w&t.  The next 2 rows were 6 past the marker then 4, then 2.  Easy as can be!  Just count from the center marker!!  I used her method on my next 2 pairs of socks.  I had to adjust my numbers a little because this is heavier yarn knit on larger needles and fewer stitches.  There will definatly be more slip stitched heels in socks in the future.  --Ann--  Savoring these warmer days.

2 comments:

Ramona said...

I printed this pattern for short socks the first time you posted it, but haven't made any yet. I did know another pair of mittens while I was at the beach. It was kind of odd.... sitting in high 90 degree temps and knitting mittens. :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your knitting prowess amazes me. Beautiful!