Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Do over

 




From frumpy could hide a 12 pack and sneak it into a football game and no one would notice to fitted and flattering.  The trials of getting the gauge right with this yarn and pattern........second attempt smaller size pattern and smaller needles, that was going to be too small. Third and 4th attempt original size pattern 2 sizes smaller needles stitch width was right but stitch length was too short. Think think think what to do. If I knit more rows to fit the sleeve scythe is the sweater going to be too wide again? Think think think some more. Flip through the book find a sweater with the gauge that I am knitting, compare the numbers for the back, front and sleeves. This will work, move my bookmarks and continue knitting deviate from the pattern and do some decreases for the waist and increases for the hips. By golly I think I got it right. --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

You did get it right! Beautiful finish.