Friday, November 20, 2020

Stash yarn



Just using some yarn from the stash. This was an inexpensive yarn from several years ago so I bought 2 skeins, first I knit socks, was not thrilled with the way the colors mixed or the pattern, I think I gave these to our mail carrier. I do like the way the colors stacked on the heels.

   Then I knit a pair of gloves and love the stripes on the fingers. 




I just finished a stocking cap and the colors behaved in a much different way or maybe it was the size of the needles and the number of cast on stitches.  All those variables.  The colors gradually climb up the ribbing like a road winding around a mountain.  Then when I changed to larger needles the road did a u turn to wind around the other direction and changed again as I started the decreases.  Just for future reference the color repeat was about 72 inches of yarn because I still have another ball of this yarn.  Its always interesting what the colors in the yarn will do.  Staying warm.  --Ann--




1 comment:

Ramona said...

It's very pretty yarn. All of your knits are beautiful.