Thursday, February 4, 2021

Splats

I forgot to give credit to buterflythreadsquilting.com for designing Twirla, I'm still calling mine splats, the blocks were not at all difficult you just need to keep the right side of the fabric up when you cut or use fabrics that do not have a front and back.  I put tape on my ruler for a template, how many times have I trimmed away a paper template until it was no longer the right size or shape!?!  Her directions are very clear and easy to follow.



One last picture of the quilts and the backs. I bought the end of the bolt of a double wide fabric and it was about 5 inches short.  I cut up two fat quarters of my hand dyed fabric and did it the lazy way and just added it to the end rather than have it run across the middle.  I still have a huge stack of fat quarters that I dyed about 20 years ago.  Warnings for cold and snow to come I can think of lots of things to do. --Ann--


 

1 comment:

Raewyn said...

Such a fun design ad lovely finishes - I remember saving that pattern as I thought it might be fun for one of the older grandies. Great job working through your projects from last year.