Tuesday, December 6, 2022

No more purple dust bunnies

It’s not finished until you love it. I have knit the entire sweater twice. The first time it was too big, I tried it on before I started the second sleeve. I ripped and started over from the beginning same size smaller needles. I knit about 4 inches of the second sleeve then really looked at my stitches I was tense and so were my stitches I could see that they were smaller than the upper shoulder. Rip again, ripping knitting is fun and fast, relax and start the sleeve again, relax, everyone went home, relax, have a glass of wine relax and start the sleeve again. Try it on again. There was a noticeable difference between the two sleeves, they felt different. Take it off and lay one sleeve on top of the other. Sleeve number two is an inch longer and a little wider than sleeve number one. Compare the decreases…..same number, compare ribbing…..same number of repeats. I was really relaxed knitting sleeve two. Which sleeve do I like better?  Rip sleeve number one and try again. See if I can relax the same……sleeve one is now the same as sleeve two. Sweep up the purple dust bunnies from under my chair.   And I love it!  Ann

The yarn is Rowan felted tweed and the pattern is Smoke by Ankestrick I did not do the long cuffs with thumb holes and I knit more rows of neck ribbing for a crew neck instead of a boat neck.

1 comment:

Ramona said...

It is a beautiful sweater! It was well worth the multiple starts and stops.