Wednesday, March 7, 2012

brighter days




The colors of this quilt sing spring.  Our days are noticeably longer but spring flowers are well over a month away. The sky is frequently gray as is the shrinking snow which is interspersed with patches of  bare ground. The pattern is Hummingbird by Darlene Zimmerman, I used her 30 degree tool to cut the kite shapes and side triangles. It is sashed with cornerstones.  Most of the fabrics are from the Cabbage Rose collection from the late 1990's. I like my fabric well aged just like wine and good cheese.


The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring.  ~Bern Williams

Cheers,
Ann

2 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This quilt is so beautiful. I love looking at all the different fabrics. Yummy!

Eppie Doodle said...

Love your quilt and the way you used plaids in the fabric choices. I have looked at this pattern a long time and am going to purchase it and thetemplates. Have tried to sew it with making my own templates. Ugh!
Thanks for making and showing us the quilt.
Emily