Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Out of the Cupboard -- 30's quilts

These quilts were made in a block exchange among a group of 8 quilters. We each made 4 1/2 inch nine patches from reproduction 1930's fabrics.
large enough for a full size bed
We exchanged blocks over a 6 month period then had 6 months to complete the quilt or quilts.
sold on etsy
We bought bolts of the background fabric and divided it so the cream fabric would be the same for all the blocks.
baby quilt
doll quilt
I sewed my leftovers into more 9 patches and used the rest for the borders and a few odd 9 patches became potholders.... I have no 30's fabrics left
table cloth for child's table
Happy quilting,
Ann

2 comments:

Susan Bronsak said...

What you do is an art in itself. I've always had great admiration for those who do what you do!!!! Beautiful quilts!!

Millie said...

I love all your 1930's quilts, they are beautiful.