Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Erin Quilts I

My youngest child and only daughter went off to college a couple weeks ago, she is a senior this year and living in an apartment, the quilt is on a queen size air mattress. The house is feels empty and very quiet. I miss her and our late night talks. She always wanted to chat about the time I wanted to go to bed, so I would postpone my bedtime for one of our chats. She would talk about school, friends, movies, actors, her job (she worked at a nursing home this summer Bless her heart) her future, anything and everything and occasionally get to the issue that was bothering her and I would listen more. Sometimes she would ask my opinion or what I thought so I would tell her but mostly I would listen.  This is the quilt I made for her to take to the dorm as a freshman.  She picked the pattern and the fabrics I added a few as needed. I did the 8 point star the easy way with the split squares in the corners and split triangles. The machine quilting was so much fun I put the faces in each sun. I used a small plate to draw the circle then free motion quilted the rest. There were diamonds left from each strip so this quilt has a sister quilt which I will post on Thursday.  This will be a seven part series of the Erin Quilts on the T days. ~~Ann~~




1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You are a stitching artist, I love this quilt and can't wait for more Erin quilts! Thinking of you and understanding how we miss our girls when they're away.