Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Erin Quilts III





Today I washed her sheets and tidied up her room so it would be fresh the next time she comes home. This quilt was new for her new room in our new house that we built  six years ago. She chose the pattern and the fabrics, I dyed several of them. It is a Judy Niemeyer pattern Tropical Sundance. I do not like to do paper piecing but I do like the way Judy Niemeyer does it. She maps out how to cut the pieces so you don's waste a lot of fabric and everything fits together perfectly. I had fabrics enough to make a Roman shade for her window, it looks like stained glass when the sun shines through. The quilt was professionally quilted by Kay Peterson of Olive Branch. --Ann--

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love, love, love this series! Erin is very lucky, her quilts are spectacular!

Cathy said...

That is a FABULOUS quilt!! I love the colours you used in it. And you just tweeked off an "aha" moment in my brain for what to do with a pile of New York Beauty blocks I have waiting to be put together somehow.

Anonymous said...

you make my quilting look good! what a treat to see the quilt all finished and the one with the lighting behind the quilt makes it just glow. love it! well done ann!