Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Erin Quilts IV







The New Millennium quilt. I completed this quilt in 2000 I had the binding ready to sew for New Year's Day when we were supposed to loose all power because the computers wouldn't know how to deal with changing from 1999 to 2000. That seems comical now but I had a stack of quilts to snuggle up with and sew the binding, I also had gallon jugs of water just in case. This was the first curved piecing I ever did. It was easier than setting in a sleeve or sewing a collar.  Because of the bright colors daughter claimed it as hers. She helped me arrange the quarter circles. We tried to arrange it so there was contrast between the pie parts and the crust parts, she said we had to stop before it drove us crazy.  All of the fabrics on the front are from Merryvale bales I cut 2 crusts and 2 pies from each 6" x 18" strip with the elliptical left over which I appliqued in the border. Goodness my machine quilting has improved I imagine lots of ways to quilt these blocks.  ~~Ann~~

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Beautiful! I love it.