Monday, February 25, 2013

Design Wall


I I started the first of three commission quilts, queen size log cabin and fan combination quilts for the children of a country school classmate. I like the 12 log cabin blocks in the center of the top quilt better than the 4 log cabin blocks in the second. I think I will match the inside fan fabric for the first ring of fans and use the same fabric for the outside ring of fans also. The big curve is easy to sew easier than setting in a sleeve but the little black corner piece is a bugger to sew. Only a couple more dozen blocks to go.....--Ann-- lots of inspirations at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

NurseBrandy said...

Wow, Ann, that is gorgeous! I love the combination of log cabin & fan blocks!!

Beautiful!

~Brandy

NurseBrandy said...

Wow, Ann, that is gorgeous! I love the combination of log cabin & fan blocks!!

Beautiful!

~Brandy

sophie said...

Love the combination of log cabin and fan blocks!

Cathy said...

That combination of log cabins and dresdens is gorgeous!! I agree with you, that it looks better with the larger amount of log cabin blocks in the center.

Gari in AL said...

that is just wonderful. I, too, like the center 12 log cabins. What a great use of two of my favorite traditional blocks.