Friday, February 15, 2013

on and off the needles

 I just finished the merino and bamboo socks......soft and warm. I have been working on lots of projects sometimes I just need to so some power sewing, so I made a coil wrapped basket for my sock yarn. I made the base 11" x 14" it was floppy and awkward to sew, I used well over 100 feet of clothesline and barely put a dent in my basket of strips. Now my sock yarn is all in one place instead of a stack of cardboard boxes. Looks like I don't need to buy sock yarn for at least a year. I can pick a sock project for the next snow storm.
And we've  got snow.............

Socks are such a nice take along project for sitting at the dentist for a new crown on a cracked tooth. I am half way through the gusset, I like the way the color is clumping together because of the pattern, the short color changes are a bit monotonous.  I have made progress on the sweater but she has been having a bad sleeve day and is not very photogenic. I am making long sleeves without a pattern. I thought making it longer would be easy well it is until I start tapering.......and then the real challenge is so make the sleeves match since my arms match..........I'll be "ttinking" this afternoon on the sleeve again. --Ann-- check out all the knitting at Judy's

3 comments:

Diane Wagner said...

Wow, you sure had got a lot done this week. I really like your purple socks. My fav color. I've been thinking about making a basket with my fabric strips, too. Thanks for sharing.

Dar said...

Your purple socks are made in my favorite color. I received some today from a friend for Valentine's Day - purple with little hearts on them. I really love your basket that you made to hold your sock yarn. I've been wanting to do one of these for so long. Maybe NOW is the time!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to get started.

Helene said...

The basket is beautiful! I've made bowls, but never something that big.