Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Friendship Quilt





I seem to have been in a blogging slump as in not much blogging but lots of things accomplished in the sewing room. This has been a great quilt to work on with all these grey days nearing the end of winter. This was a Round Robin project with quilting friends from a couple moves ago. We each chose a theme and color/fabric palate, then passed our projects around and each added a block to each quilters project  and we didn't see our own until the projects had made the full circle of participants. My fabrics are Cabbage Rose from the 1990's so you can guess how long this project has been unfinished.Many of the blocks are from Nancy Odem's Rosewood Cottage series.  I tried lots of different free motion quilting designs with my new machine, 16 inches of throat space is marvelous.--Ann--

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love, love, love it all... especially the strawberries; your quilting is looking simply delicious too!!

Lesley said...

Your quilt is so beautiful!

Kathleen said...

I absolutely love your quilt! My daughter had a cabbage patch doll when she was about 11, she'd love this quilt too for certain!