Friday, March 1, 2013

On and off the needles


I finished my sweater last week and love it. It is soft and warm and the sleeve length is just right. I did not rip out the sleeves like I was tempted to do instead I tried it on with several different tops and decided the sleeves were ok because it was not for 4-H or Mr Monk. I am very pleased with it. The way it drapes reminds me of a sweater my great aunt Elsie knit for me when she came for a visit from Ireland when I was 11 or 12 years old. It was red with a blue design knit down the sleeves. I wore it with so many different outfits....wool skirts, wrap around skirts and slacks and jeans on Friday. She could knit so fast, she used long needles and tucked one under her arm and her fingers and yarn just flew. That sweater was like wearing a hug.                                                I also finished my purple socks number 4 for 2013 but they are not causing an emotional flood of memories.

I started a new pair of socks these are a cotton blend. The lady in the store wound the ball so I could knit from both ends but didn't put the label in my shopping bag.  My repeats will be reversed I thought I could deal with that even though Mr Monk might have a real problem with stripes that are opposite.  I thought the color was very springy but as I was driving home from yet another dentist appointment (a simple crown turned into a root canal).  I looked across the prairie and thought that looks just like my socks out there.
 
   It was late afternoon almost evening and the shadows were long and blue my favorite color of  snow and the way the sun was hitting the stubble in the fields it was very yellow.......just like my socks. Happy knitting--Ann-- Take a peek at on the needles at Judy's

7 comments:

Ava Louise said...

Your sweater is fantastic. I've yet to complete a project that involved, but I've got some stashed yarn just waiting for the day. Your socks are great too. I'm planning to start two at a time magic loop as soon as my needles arrive. Thanks for sharing your projects with us.

heyitskarla said...

How cool that your picture looks just like your socks! I think Mr. Monk would wear those socks even if the stripes are opposite, because they will be so pretty. =)

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Wow, you've been busy! Your sweater looks great...perfect fit.

Gail said...

What a great job on the sweater Ann! Is this your first one? I'm currently working on my first adult size sweater. I made one for my son years and years ago when he was just a toddler, gave up knitting after that and then recently started up again. Thanks for sharing!

Maggie said...

Congrats on finishing up that sweater! It loos wonderful.

sklinn62 said...

The cardigan is beautiful! What pattern did you use?

Love the socks too.

sklinn62 said...

The cardigan is beautiful! What pattern did you use?

Love the socks too.