Friday, May 16, 2014

On and off the needles

New yarn! and favorite colors! the pattern is Henley T Shirt from Knitting Pure and Simple I've been going great guns since I brought the yarn home and them compared it to another sweater. It is huge, my knitting got relaxed and my stitches got big so my guage is off darn! so I will rip and start again on smaller needles. The yarn is a silk and cotton blend with a little acrylic and viscose it feels wonderful.
Footies are complete and the variegated yarn is all used up there is still yarn for more toes and heels of the solid green.
These socks have been neglected since I started the sweater. The cable pattern is so easy and doesn't require a cable needle you p2, knit 2 together then knit one between the two you knit together, do that again then purl 2 the next row is p2 K4 p2 K4 etc row 3 is p2, k1, k2 tog then knit one between the k2tog, k1 and p2, I wish I could remember where I found that stitch pattern. check out the knitting at Judy's On the Needles. I will while I rip and wind. --Ann-- stitch pattern is Nine to Five

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Your footies are so cute! The yarn for your sweater is just gorgeous. What beautiful colors. Love these projects.

Teresa in Music City said...

Such cute footies!!! I hate restarting a project, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, right? I redid the heels of my last socks at least 3 times before I got it right ugh! Love that stitch pattern on your socks - gotta try it soon :)