Friday, May 9, 2014

On the Needles

 These footies have knit pretty fast the stitch pattern has a 6 row repeat so I don't always get the full sequence done in one sitting and I have to refer to the pattern for each row so how do I mark the pattern so I know where I left off?? Put marks on the pattern? with dates? so I know which is the most current mark. Slide a paper clip down the page--that interferes with reading the pattern. Light bulb please!!!! I wrap the yarn around the needle to correspond with the next pattern row.
These are done! I'm going to clear out my sock drawer of all my store bought footies that slide down inside my shoe. Don't you hate when that happens. Check out the knitting at Judy's OTN. --Ann--

6 comments:

Beth said...

I never thought of making footies. I think I have a new project!!! Very cute

Ramona said...

LOVE your yarn in the pair your are knitting now. And what a great idea to keep track of where you are in the pattern. Your footies are so cute, too.

Judy D in WA said...

Fun footies! Good tip to keep track of the where you are.

Dar said...

That color yarn is beautiful. What is it? I haven't made footies yet, but I am having fun learning to make socks. I'm only on my 2nd pair and with everyone showing all these cute ones, I think it will be in my life for many years to come. Your's are so cute.

Judy S. said...

Nice yarn and great idea. I try to stop on the same row each time. Cute pattern, too.

Gari in AL said...

Did you use a different yarn for the toes? They look great.