Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bow Tie Quilt


My work space was clear last week as I started this bow tie quilt. Then I got ideas in my head for a couple other quilts using the same fabrics so I began cutting more strips for those quilts, why cut pieces for one when I can cut pieces for 2 or 3 at one time which put me in the if you give a mouse a cookie scenario.  Once I started pulling fabric out of the stash the piles started falling over and out of the closet.  Putting my stash in order is something I really need to do every couple years,  I found some really wonderful fabrics that I had forgotten about and some quilt parts I need to finish.  It just takes to much time to fold and pet each piece of fabric then stack it by theme and color.  I have brights in a stack and plaids in a stack, a really big stack, and pastels in a stack or two and a stack of background fabrics and stacks of longer yardages for backs and borders, and hand dyed and batik stacks and blue stacks and green stacks and brown stacks and mostly moda stacks and all the other color stacks. I'm up to my ears in stacks. And I can't even see the top of my table there are so many stacks.  Maybe tomorrow I can cut fabric again but easily distracted by this summer like weather here on the prairie.  --Ann--

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Looks like an interesting quilt in the making!