Monday, January 25, 2016

180 on Design Wall


The beginning of last week I was merrily sewing on the neutral north wind quilt and checked with the bride to see if I was on the right course.  I sent her a photo of the Northwind in Blue and asked her to imagine it in neutrals.  She decided she liked color better so all the neutral blocks came off the wall and out came the colors.  Which was a pleasant relief and change from the white on white because the ground is white and the sky is gray and the day is overcast and was dreary all last week and there doesn't seem to be a change in the forecast so the bright colors are a welcome change.  I pulled out my box of Merryvale fabrics and sorted the 6 x 18 inch strips and paired them by big and little  prints, busy and calm, light and dark, near compliments, analogous, or monochromatic. Then pulled out some yardage to fill in with more blues and yellows because all the blue strips went into the 2 Northwind quilts in the links.  I need to sew a couple dozen more then arrange into a visual order.  Hope your gray days are filled with quilting fun.  Linking to Judy's DWM.  --Ann--

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Ann, I love your blocks! This is going to be a gorgeous quilt. I might have to put this on my "future quilt" list. Beautiful.

Debbie said...

How beautiful! I have been pinning this pattern....and would love to make one this year. So I will be watching and following to see this one progress.

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous. I love this block. It is so versatile. I’m doing the same block right now, but in sky colours matched up with greens.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Such a vibrant bright spot! I love this quilt in progress, the colors shine; well done!

cityquilter grace said...

wow....beautiful...love that block!