Friday, February 12, 2016

On and Off the Needles


Another pair of reading mitts are on the needles.  I think every coat or jacket should have a pair of mitts or gloves in the pockets.  I started on the thumb which is really clumsy with both mitts still on the cable,  I would rather skimp on the finger part than not have a thumb at all, but it looks like there will be plenty of yarn.  I finished the sweater!!! Its big and cozy and comfy.  Hubby and I spent last weekend with a niece and her family, she treated us to a wonderful time, we went to 2 college hockey games,  I visited a yarn shop and made a small purchase and started another pair of socks on the drive home.  I taught her how to knit the duffers slippers, I knit one she knit the other. Then we stayed an extra day because of blowing snow.  We went to some quilt shops and made some more purchases next weeks topic.  A little bit of sunshine today! after all these overcast days a little sunshine is worth noting.  Linking to Judy's OTN  --Ann--

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Your new mitts are beautiful. Love your yarn! Your sweater does look warm and comfy... Much needed today! Looking forward to seeing your purchases.