Wednesday, September 27, 2017

One of those days

 I woke up to another gloomy grey day, Tuesday, that makes 4 in a row.   I'm ready for some blue sky and sunshine.  I finished sewing the blocks together over the weekend.  My intentions were to pin this quilt top and two others yesterday but.............the day just fell apart.
I sent a text to a friend with a pic of this quilt because she had a cold so thought this might bring some cheer anyway I unintentional sent a group text to 8 of her friends oops.  I hope the colors brought a little cheer to everyone.
Then I tried to sew a couple quilt labels, that didn't work,  I have too many projects going in my sewing room and I just couldn't focus on anything.  I tried sewing on my new machine and my stitches weren't right something about wall outlets and the computer components in the machine so I tried a different surge protector, still didn't help.
Go make lunch.  Crustless quiche with leeks, and mushrooms and a little garlic and onion and a red pepper from my brother.  Saute all the vegetables, chop the pepper and toss it in the mix.  Funny smell in the house followed by a tickle in the throat and a  little coughing and a drippy nose, hubby had the same problem.  It was the hot pepper I had been warned that it was hot.  Bake the quiche.  No problems.  Eat a slice of quiche, my lips were burning and my fingers were burning but not bad I did use a fork to eat.
Make a trip to the W store for a surge protector and a few other things,  there are surge protectors in 3 different spots in the store.  How do I make a comparison? and what are Joules and how many do I need?  
Then to the grocery store, I get the slow check out with the customer who is pushing the limits with cases of pop and presents another coupon after the total, two visits from the supervisor to re check the total then her credit card didn't work, she pulled out another one.  Some people have all the patience in the world for saving a couple pennies.  Finally my turn, no problems.
So I push my cart out to the parking lot and unlock my car, put my purse on the seat then go to the back to open the boot.  It won't open.  Push the button some more go to the the drivers door it won't open.  Its locked with my purse, cell phone and key fob locked in the car.  Push my cart back into the store and go back to the pharmacy because hubby answers the phone if its the pharmacy.  Call hubby Whadidjado that for?  Well it just happened.  He gets to the parking lot and pushes his fob, opens the boot and unlocks the doors and didn't even stop.  But he did roll down his window so he can here me say thank you.  I'm home just a minute after him.  So he carries in the groceries.  I love that man!
I get the groceries put away, make a cup of coffee and try the surge protector.  The machine is still not working right, call the dealership.  Apparently not all the outlets in my house get the same amount of electricity, it worked just dandy when it was sitting on top of the deep freeze so it could be plugged in by the electrical board.  Another trip to the W store to return the surge protector and get one with a battery back up.  That's plugged in and charging.  It needs to charge for 8 hours!  Use the old machine to make a couple quilt labels.  After supper settle in and sew the labels to the quilts and watch NCIS and do some knitting.
My thumb hurts.  Like its been burned.  Odd.  Stick my thumb in my mouth, my tongue is burning.  The oil from that hot pepper is still under my nail.  How many times did I wash my hands??
I sure hope today is a better day. --Ann--



1 comment:

Ramona said...

I'm exhausted after reading your post! Mentally and physically! :D I hope the rest of your week is less frustrating. I love, love your blue and yellow quilt.