Tuesday, September 5, 2017

She's Back

 She's back and purring like a kitten.  I always find it amazing how something as innocuous as lint or a needle fragment can cause such a clatter in my machine.  While she was away a cousins's son and his wife had a new baby girl.  I had a boy quilt ready to go but they had a girl and named her Dolly Jean and wouldn't you know I had the exact right fabric to start the quilt in my stash.  A fat quarter with paper dolls and doll clothes.


 I chose fabrics to match the doll clothes as close as possible, some of the fabrics on the wall didn't make the cut but that is why I put them on the wall sometimes the golden yellows look like yuck brown next to a clearer yellow.


The navy star was on the edge at first then I moved it in and surrounded it with yellow stars because Dolly Jean was born the day of the eclipse.  Home again for me and my machine.  Hubby and I were on a short road trip to visit my uncle. Now back to the sewing room and stash sewing.  --Ann--

3 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Thank goodness she's back and purring! Your layouts for the Dolly Eclipse quilt look marvelous and that paper doll fabric is just perfect!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Dolly Jean is a winner, and not to be denied her time on the design wall! I, too, have that fabric... I am inspired by your four-pointed star design. Well done!

Ramona said...

Perfect quilt for Dolly Jean! The design just sparkles. Glad your machine is home and that you had a nice trip.