Thursday, September 14, 2017

Where do the days go???

The days make that weeks it felt like a month I was without a sewing machine I started cutting strips for the Dolly's Eclipse Quilt  and I cut extra.  Why cut one strip when I can cut a bunch right!?! So I have been cutting 2 inch, 3.5 inch, 2.5  inch and 4.5 inch strips of my pastel fabrics.  I need the full width of fabric for the 60 degree pinwheel quilt clickstrips on left and I need 78 strips.  More cutting to do............  I don't want to start sewing until all the cutting is complete and the table is clear.  The next 2 inch strips are for 4 patches to go with 3.5 inch half square triangles or tri rec stars, those are not all full width of the fabric.  The 2.5 and 4.5 inch strips will be more  4 patches and half square triangles or tri rec stars only bigger.  So I continue to cut.  This will be another series of quilts because I have cut a lot of fabric.  It doesn't get used unless it gets cut, right.  


I pretty much used up my stash of soft pinks so I had to buy more. That hasn't happened for a long time that I ran out of a particular color in my stash.   A quilter needs the full spectrum of colors.  --Ann--



1 comment:

Vic in NH said...

Your choices of new pink fabrics are so fresh and pretty! Like always, it will be a wonderful quilt!