Friday, January 19, 2018

knitting


Its been a while since I did a knitting post even though I knit almost every day.  I finished a sweater for my brother, he made some frames for me so I knit him a sweater.  The flash washed the color out as the yarn is much more navy than medium blue.  I tried to get it done for Christmas but between him traveling for work and me having a cold he didn't try it on until Christmas Day.  It was done in time for his birthday.  Socks are on the needles for son with a February birthday and I finished some slippers for my uncle.  He bought  this yarn on a trip to Patagonia, its undyed hand spun.  I knit from both ends of the ball and the yarn was thinner at one end than the other so when I compared the soles one was smaller so I weighed them and one was 10 grams lighter than the other so I knit a couple more rounds on that sole before I did the upper part.  The stitch count isn't the same but they look to be the same size.  I knit them simultaniously because I was afraid of running out of yarn.  They are done and in the mail.  We enjoy a couple warm days here as in temps in the 30's then the snow melts and puddles and freezes making walking treacherous.  I always look for the path of most resistance when I walk in the winter.  The forecast is for more snow then cold.  After a trip to the grocery store I'll be ready to hunker down for more of my favorite activities.  Knit a little, read a little, quilt a little or a lot.  Hope you are staying warm.  --Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Everything here looks so warm! We are in the 50’s today....a heat wave for sure! Thank you for you nice comment on my blog post today. Stay warm and enjoy your indoor activities.

Judy S. said...

Love that sweater! It's fun to see your knitting projects.