Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wool quilt blocks

 Its been baby steps with progress on the wools.  I washed and ironed all my Christmas table linens and wound several balls of yarn. Those little jobs are out of the way now so.......sew......  I have yardage and yardage of some of these fabrics  which will never be made into garments.  What was I thinking when I bought at least 4 yards of the black wool?!!  I need it for this quilt.  I cut the waist band off a skirt yesterday to make it easier to rip apart and wrapped the waist around my middle oooh there was an eight inch gap with me in the  middle.    That was 3 children and as many decades ago.  I would look anorexic if I were that thin now.  Such is life.  The skirt had pockets in the side seams and I sewed twill tape in the seam so they would lay flat and not bag with wear.  The skirt was cut on the bias and I remember sewing partial seams at the waist then let it hang for 24 hours before sewing the rest of the seam so that the hem wouldn't be scalloped  at the seams.  The little details that made the garment.   --Ann--

1 comment:

julieQ said...

Totally awesome quilt!! I just love those gorgeous wools!