Friday, February 2, 2018

Friday knitting

 Happy Ground Hogs Day!  I was going great guns on the sweater on top then I tried it on............too big I could have worn an orange life jacket under it.  So I ripped one ball at a time by winding the yarn on my swift and misting to get the kinks out of the yarn.  Slow process to let the yarn air dry then wind into a ball again but its like starting with new yarn.  I found a different pattern with a crew neck and a simpler cable now to move all those stitches to a ribbon and try it on so I don't have to start over again.  I like the look of this cable pattern better than the first which was a braid.  And just a couple more inches on the socks for son with the skinny feet and calves, his birthday is next week.  What are you going to be working on for the super big foot ball game this weekend?  --Ann--


2 comments:

Ramona said...

Your yarn color is beautiful, as is the cable. That's the beauty of knitting -- it can be ripped out and the yarn is still usable. Unlike fabric... I will probably be in my Hidey Hole quilting during the big game. I'm not a huge football fan, but do watch it on occasion. Enjoy your weekend!

Beth said...

Love the yarn and pattern.