Friday, February 9, 2018

A Long Week




Its been a long week of not doing much.  I have a cold and my first thought when I get out of bed is I need a nap.  Then after my nap I am thinking about taking some night time cold medicine and going to bed.  Other than that I have been curled up in a chair either reading or knitting and drinking water.  I finished birthday socks for son in good time.  Hubby will deliver them next weekend when he goes up there ice fishing.  Also finished the schoppel wool yarn socks that is rolled like a spool. Interesting how the colors stack up as the spool gets smaller and 2 pair of socks I knit a couple years ago with the same kind of yarn just to show how differently the colors pool.  There are 2 strands of yarn on the spool and it was dyed on the spool.  I have one more spool of that yarn to knit I wonder where the colors will go. Sadly I cannot remember where I ordered it and have not seen it recently on any yarn sites I frequently visit.  I started socks for DD for her birthday, I'm doing a slip stitch pattern that works nicely on the narrow stripes.  And my sweater again.  Its a good thing I tried it on last week because I think it was sized for a teenager or my gauge was way off,  it was very snug in the under arm so rip again and start over.  I have a terrible time getting an 18 stitch gauge on size 8 needles, if I knit tight I get 19 or 20 stitches over 4 inches so I went up a needle size and was knitting 16 stitches.  Then I tried knitting loose on size 7 my gauge was still off so I went back to the size 8 and knit loose because I knit a sweater of the same gauge with the same yarn a couple years ago and it fits just right.   I also changed my raglan increased to  kf&b from m1l and m1r.  I can see the seam is more relaxed.  Time to thread a ribbon through all the stitches and try it on again.  It will either be my olympic knitting project or it will get ripped again and put away and I try a different pattern when I have forgotten all the trouble it has been.  Its almost nap time.  --Ann--

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice socks! I have never seen yarn on a spool. Sure hope you're feeling lots better real soon.

Ramona said...

Sorry to hear you have a cold! I hope you are back to normal soon. Your socks are so fun! The pooling looks so cool. Love the colors, too. Hope your sweater fits!

Ruth said...

I love the way the yarn pools on the socks. Such fun! Feel better.