Tuesday, June 12, 2018

bingeing and knitting and the remote

Hubby went off on another fishing trip and left me to my own devices or devises (and the remote and credit card) or vices or vises.  Spell check isn't correcting me on the spellings.  So refer to the dictionary....  Left to one's own devices simply means doing what one desires or is inclined to do.  That fits, my desire was to start a new sweater as I reclined and binge watched Poldark (season 3 is available on amazon).  Devise is to plan or scheme, my plan and vice was ordering more yarn and after a couple hours of knitting my hands cramped like a vise which can also be spelled vice.  The pattern is Sunshine Coast (click) by Heidi Kirrmaier, I'm using a 70% cotton and 30% linen yarn called Hampton by Cascade Yarns.  I'm going to knit it longer so it covers my fanny and I can wear it with my new skinny leg jeans.  Yeah I went shopping in local stores too after hubby headed north.  Left to my own devices.....--Ann--

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Having a quiet house and being able to do as you please is so nice sometimes. The color of your new sweater is so pretty. Hopefully your hands uncramped so you can continue knitting. Enjoy the quiet! And the use of the remote!

Judy S. said...

Nice progress on the new sweater! And what did you find at the local stores?