Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Iris

apricot drop

























     
 I have been helping weed and dead head the iris at McCrory Gardens.  My friend in the red cap who did the iris arrangements for my wedding 40 years ago has taken charge of the iris garden. She has a group of volunteers who help for an hour a day which is just right, we are not so worn out from the work and the heat that we go home and collapse for the rest of the day. We are willing to come back the next day and the next.  She knows the names of all of them and which won awards.  I'm trying hard to learn the names it really should be printed on the leaf like the designers name on the selvage of quilt fabric.  All of these are MTB's (medium tall bearded) and are earlier than the tall bearded iris. After we weeded 2 weeks ago the paid help brought in fresh mulch it looks so nice.  Can't wait to see what is blooming next.  --Ann--
Dancing Gold



1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Lovely iris photos. I love them!